Ugami’s Guide on How to Become a Successful Twitch Streamer
The Internet and social networks provide the opportunity to express to the world what we like and what we are good at. We are in a time where we can create content and influence many people, and, in the process, build a community that shares our same energy, tastes, and humor.
One of the most important platforms today to connect with the rest of the world is Twitch. You can make live broadcasts where you can make gameplays, dedicate yourself to art and sports, or simply talk about any topic you are passionate about.
You might be asking yourself how to become a successful Twitch streamer so you can also start having a positive influence on society while building an inclusive environment based on your interests. To be successful on Twitch and create an enjoyable community, you will need to follow some steps and tips, so get ready to learn the secret to becoming a successful streamer.
What can I achieve as a streamer?
Even though Twitch began as a platform dedicated to the gaming world, the truth is that over the years, it has become the favorite channel for all those who want to express themselves or have a good time. Here are some of the goals you can accomplish as a streamer on Twitch:
- Fun: Some people stream just to have fun. Their live broadcasts talk about any topic they are passionate about or simply about their lives, and what happened to them that day. Therefore, you will be able to get many channels on Twitch that are vlogs or just a place for catharsis.
Now, fun is not only related to expressing yourself but also applies to those who love video games and want to share their games. You can even invite your friends to participate and have a great time while playing.
One of the advantages of this platform is its automatic transmission storage so that you can save all your streaming experiences and keep them as a memory.
- Promote a product or service: Many artists, influencers, and business brands use the incredible reach of Twitch to promote the products or services they offer. Depending on the target audience, exciting broadcasts can be made, creating a community that identifies with your content. You can make them aware of the products or services that you have available, thus generating potential buyers.
- Grow on social media: If you’re someone who wants to expand your community on social media, Twitch is a great place to make yourself known. Thanks to live broadcasts, people who see you can connect and identify with you more easily.
Thanks to the platform’s tag and category system, it’s much easier for users to discover people who have similar interests, in particular, to see your work and follow you. This applies to all content creators, from artists to models, activists, and comedians.
- Generate extra income: You can make money on Twitch by meeting specific platform rules. That means that it is possible to make a living from creating content, so if this is one of your main reasons for streaming, I recommend you read our guide on How to Make Money on Twitch.
How to become a successful Twitch streamer?
We are now getting into the best part of this guide. We will provide you with specific recommendations that you can follow to break it on Twitch. Remember that the most important thing is that you have fun and unleash your creativity 100% so that all your viewers can get to know you, empathize with you and become utterly loyal to your content.
Pros and cons of being a streamer
Although it is often unpleasant to be told about the disadvantages of something that interests us when it comes to creating content, it is crucial to know that not everything is accessible at the beginning. Read on to find out the advantages and some disadvantages of being a streamer:
- Create a related community who are interested in what you also like and are passionate about.
- Meet other streamers with whom you can chat or collaborate on the content you have in common.
- If you have a product or service that you want to promote, Twitch is an ideal platform to expand your audience.
- The loyalty of followers or fans.
- Fun and entertainment at every moment.
- You will need to spend a lot of time on your channel and your broadcasts if you want to start on the right foot on the platform.
- Growing on Twitch requires commitment and consistency.
- Possibly, you will have to make some financial investments.
- Your community can be slow to grow at first, so patience is an important virtue.
- If you don’t reinvent yourself from time to time, streaming can become repetitive.
- The market is a bit saturated, so you have to be creative to make a difference.
What do you need to be a Steamer?
You may already have the personality, lots of ideas, and a great broadband connection, but there are other things you need to keep in mind when considering how to become a successful Twitch streamer. Firstly, make sure you have a stable, visually striking stream. This guide will dive into some technical sections that will help you have good audio and video quality. As well as some aesthetic tips so that your channel always attracts attention.
On Twitch, you can stream with your computer or cell phone. However, there are specific characteristics that your equipment must have when learning how to become a successful Twitch streamer so that you can make quality transmissions and ensure that the programs you are going to install work.
Stream on Twitch with a PC
It is recommended that if you are going to make transmissions with your computer, it has:
- A minimum of 4 core processors. For example, Intel Core i5 – i7 or AMD FX 6300 or Higher.
- At least 8GB of RAM.
- Hard drive or SSD with at least 1TB of storage.
- An FPS resolution that has a 1280×720 30fps setting.
- A graphics card. It must be compatible with DirectX 10. If you need any reference to the best graphics cards on the market, here you can meet the best graphics cards to play like a pro. The more powerful your graphics card, the better and more fluid your stream will be.
Streaming on Twitch with a smartphone
If you are going to do your live broadcasts with your phone, consider the following characteristics when learning how to become a successful Twitch streamer:
- RAM of at least 2GB. This gives fluidity to the operating system and the actions of the apps so that they perform correctly while you run them.
- The processor is another feature to consider. A device with a quad-core chip may be enough to stream with good quality; the processor is the one who will define how fast and powerful the device will be to process and transmit the immense amount of data when streaming.
- Screen and battery: On a screen of at least 5 inches with a minimum resolution of 1080p and a 3000mAh battery, you will be able to visualize better what you are transmitting without worrying about the duration of the event.
Headphones and Microphone
Having good audio is essential for your live broadcast to be good quality. There are incredible headphones with which you can reduce external sound to concentrate better on your live performances. Many of them have a built-in microphone with good audio, making your voice sound clean and without interruptions.
Also, you can buy a microphone with an equalizer with which you can sound even better in your broadcasts. However, this is purely optional.
Connecting with your audience is one of the most important things when learning how to become a successful Twitch streamer. Therefore, if everyone knows your face and gestures, they will be more likely to subscribe to your channel. This is why having a webcam is essential.
You can even use your phone’s camera for broadcasts. If you have an IOS device, you can download the EpocCam app, connecting with your streaming software.
Twitch offers streamers the opportunity to create their content with its official platform called Twitch Studio. However, other more complete software, such as OBS Studio, Streamlabs, and Xsplit, will help you customize each aspect of your live broadcast if you use your PC as the primary tool.
In addition, thanks to these programs, you will broadcast live; but you will be able to save that broadcast and publish it on YouTube.
Most streamers prefer to use these external programs because they can completely customize their space. This includes the integration of designs for your main screen to represent you and differentiate yourself from the rest. In addition, this softwares are very intuitive, so widget customization is effortless to do.
If you want to start off on the right foot when streaming, you must take great care of the aesthetics you want to reflect. Everything will depend on the theme of your channel; however, do not neglect aspects such as good audio quality, lighting (ring lights, LED lights, among others); and an exciting backdrop. They can make a difference throughout your journey of becoming a successful Twitch streamer.
Establish your brand and a strategy that allows you to evolve. Personalizing your Twitch channel is extremely important so that people can easily recognize you; for example:
- Post a profile picture that represents you and stands out.
- Design an exciting banner that accompanies the aesthetics of the channel.
- Create various panels so that your followers know more about you when visiting your channel.
- Take your favorite things as inspiration and brainstorm to define the aesthetics of your profile (colors, logo, typography, emojis, etc.).
Tips for growing faster on Twitch
When learning how to become a successful Twitch streamer, you must know your virtues and choose the content that best suits you and your tastes. Here are some tips to consider when deciding to start your live streams:
- Be consistent with the schedules and the content, especially at the beginning. It is advisable to broadcast twice a week for four or five hours. You can even do specific tests to get to know your audience. For example, make notes of the days and times when you have the most viewers on your streams and what content they like the most; This way, you can create a broadcast schedule and a content calendar so you can be more organized.
- Keep in mind that your viewers are watching you, so you are responsible for influencing them. Please use it to the best of your ability, as leadership skills are fundamental when you are on camera.
- Always keep a good vibe. There may be trolls on the internet who just want to watch the world burn, but it’s essential to keep your composure, calm, and laugh at yourself.
- Twitch has a high content saturation, but this is not necessarily bad. You just have to look for how to improve the content consistently, experiment at the beginning of the channel, and be faithful to your tastes to differentiate yourself from the rest.
- Also, don’t forget to do technical tests before streaming; you can ensure that everything
- will work out successfully.
Now you know how to become a successful Twitch streamer!
If you’ve ever wondered about How to Become a Successful Twitch Streamer and got to this point in the guide, congratulations! You are now more than ready to get into action and make your live broadcasts like a professional. Remember that you will be able to connect with people with your same interests; therefore, it will not take long to feel confident.
Although it is true that at the beginning, you will have to make a small investment in hardware or software. By using a gamer card like the Ugami Debit Card, you can receive Ugipoints for each of your purchases. You can accumulate them and then exchange them for fantastic gamer products, such as gift cards, video games, consoles, etc. If you want to be one of the first users to benefit from the Ugami Card, Download the Ugami App now!